Thursday, June 5, 2008

Completed Projects (partial list)
















The Cedar Fence It really helps this old country gal with the looming nearness of neighbors without being too solid or unfriendly (I hope). Like Robert Frost said...





















The Brick Patio and The Pond  (or the plaza as I like to call it). 
I enjoy sitting out there so much these days. It adds another room to our house. It's where I go when I first wake in the morning. Yet I cannot shake the crushing feeling of a mallet against my hand and fingers when I recall the weeks I spent laying it in.

















The Paint Job
This one is all Shawn (and all Virgo). But we picked the colors together. Some of the neighbors asked, " Are you going to paint the whole house those colors"? Yep.


7 comments:

Nathan said...

I have put in and torn out a slate patio/pod in the backyard at least five times. I've got a stack of bags of rock and bags of sand waiting for me to put in walkways.

I am utterly jealous of your competence. Will you work for food?

P.S. prepare for the swarm.

Nathan said...

Yay!

I'm the first comment Evar!!

MWT said...

Nice color scheme on the window shutters. That's the kind of house colors I'd want to live in. In my younger days, I used to wear clothes of that color combination...

mythusmage said...

I've seen 13 year old girls use color combos like that.

Nathan said...

That last one there ain't one from my blog, just a random drive-by I expect.

kimby said...

Hi!
Nathan said we could come over and play here at your house...which by the way i just love.
We could use some of your colour up here where i live, so if you are ever in the neighbourhood...drop on by. Stuff to drink in the fridge, and we don't even mind when you jump on the furniture.

(yes, I am part of the swarm that Nathan mentioned)

Eric said...

Oh, what the Hell, I'll conform and follow the crowd. Swarm, swarm, swarm. Swarmy swarm swarm swarm.

Lovely pictures of the house, by the way. You have a lovely home.

(Swarm.)