Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Cat Blogging (an homage)


Last year our cat Hazel hit a truck. A white pick-up. The truck was o.k., and the driver was not hurt...as a matter of fact he was so fine, that he didn't even stop or slow down, but just continued down our quite little 25 mph street at more than 45 mph. See he was fine.

Hazel on the other hand, (not being made of steel yet, but fat and fur mostly) did not fare as well. She was fairly well...broken. After months of internment, (I will post her letters from that dark period in a future blog, if I can get the rights) a better cat emerged from a stinky cage. Armed now with bionic pins and plates in her body and a lust for sleeping, eating and lounging the likes of which I've never seen...Hazel went forth to lounge professionally about our home.

Today,...a Friday...,which makes for good Friday Cat Blogging, Hazel decided to re-enact her accident using our neighbors Honda. 

It's good to see she can finally laugh about it.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Earlier today Shawn (Yeah, Di, he spells it with an 'N' on the end), accused me of catching you up in this blogging shit. I said you weren't posting nearly often enough to qualify as addicted.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Friday night cat posts are the true gateway drug.

Random Michelle K said...

CAT BLOGGING!

I think that we should encourage everyone to post cat pictures in an attempt to get more cat pictures on the web than there are pictures of naughty things.

Also? Cute kitty, even if she needs to learn to stay away from cars. :)

Nathan said...

I have now obeyed the Friday Cat Blogging rule.

Jeri said...

Awww... Hazel is a doll and I'm glad she's fine. (I'm a friend of Nathan's who's really super slow at this descending on your blog bit)

Oh, and I'm catless - don't even look. I was zombie-blogging instead.