Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pollock-esque

More on the porch floor project:

After exploring a bunch of ideas using cats, leaves and other household items coated with paint, (the cat by the way, could not be found after "the incident" for her photo)...


















...I took one more look at a painting for inspiration  and I got started...











Wait, that's not it...












that's it...


















A bit of practice on paper first...
































...and then on to the porch floor! I was nervous, I mean, we have have to live here you know...but it came out alright. I like it. I may even love it! It was fun, and not as hard as I thought it would be. Maybe I channeled Pollock, (minus the alcoholism) for a minute there. Anyway, I definitely went with Abstract Expressionism.


I call it: Porch Floor






































































I'm sitting on Porch Floor right now.


Love him or hate him...to more experience the man himself  DO check out this Jackon P. link. Bug Out!


3 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey, that came out great! Totally not the direction I thought you were going.

Julia said...

You know what's funny? My mother Pollock-ed our basement floor when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I helped or not, but we had the coolest basement floor in suburban Long Island. Except for maybe Pollock's?

Sub-Tropicaligal said...

Right On. Maybe you'll have to Pollack with your baby!


Hey, Thanks. I went a different direction than penis portraits. Shaw's psyched!