Sunday, June 8, 2008

What Is Painting?
















What is painting?

One definitions says, it's the  practice of applying color to a surface, and when used in an artistic sense, the term painting means the use of this activity in combination with drawing, composition and other aesthetic considerations in order to mainifest the expressive and conceptual
 intention of the practitioner.

William Hunt, in "Talks About Art" says painting can describe everything which can be seen and suggest every emotion which can be felt! Art reaches back into the babyhood of time, and is mans only lasting monument!"

Hmmmm

Well for me, it's about a quiet Sunday afternoon, a looming thunderstorm, a few cans of paint, some disposable brushes, and a brand new purple porch floor.





Shawn did the detailed work here...now it's my turn.













...and I need some inspiration. 





















Where to start? where to start?...
















leaf.
















  dog.



















cat wearing shoes




























































not sure?

















but I think I'm getting some inspiration. Now let me see what I can do with it...more later

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Please don't tell me your porch is going to have penises.

Tania said...

Part of Nathan's legion coming in a bit late - I love the review of painting styles, and the work on the house.

I think you should go with surrealism. More fun that way.

kimby said...

I can't wait to see what you have done!
We are under discussions at our home over the colour of the front door. I want Moulon Rouge...Hubby wants boring wood. Either will be an improvement over what is there right now....(although I really like the purple...hmmmm)