Thursday, July 17, 2008

Viable Post

Tonight my dog was looking at me...I mean straight at me. More than usual. It was, in fact, weird. I took it for the prescient powers that only the "Florida Brown Dog" exhibits i.e:

–When he knows before you do, that you're thinking of going on a run, (but you haven't even gotten up off the couch to get your sneakers on, and you're probably going to crap out and not even run anyway)....he's there...I mean WAY there. He's ready to go. He's bouncing 3 feet in the air by the door.

–Or when you think to yourself about going out on your boat cuz it's a really nice day, but you haven't even moved away from your bowl of Rice Crispies yet...he's gone...I mean gone...already slinked deep into the garage, so as not to be noticed and risk reliving his one and only boat trip which REALLY did not go well for any of us, (humans and dogs would all agree). Basically if you're on a boat trip you want to stay in the boat, at least for the very fast portion of the trip when you're tearing across the bay...and if you do choose to disembark, it's good to not aim you little body directly into the 150 hp engine and prop. –Just something for folks, (human and canine) to consider.

In short my special breed of dog, known as a Florida Brown, has special powers.
Tonight when he looked at me, I thought he said something in French. I thought he said "I like staying at your folks place when you're on a job, they feed me a lot of table scraps". Not really too far fetched.

His tongue was really lolling about as he said all this this. His jaw was flapping, he was actually foaming at the mouth. Actually foaming and waving his paws about his face. Hmmm–trying to tell me something, something cryptic, something...French? I mean, this dog is amazing!

So, I moved closer to him...I crawled over to his bed and leaned in...

O.K. turns out, what he was trying to tell me was, "mom, I ate a piece of wood this evening and I don't know why, but it's uncommonly and painfully jammed between my lower teeth and I really need some assistence. Help".

O.K., so my dog doesn't have special powers. But he is a my Florida Brown, and I'm really going to miss him while I'm away. And, I got the jammed stick out of his teeth.

Not a great picture of a Florida Brown 
(Taken with the built in camera of the new MacBook that I just bought today! Yay!)


1 comment:

Nathan said...

Complètement et tout à fait viable. Voyage de fève. Ayez un excellent temps, dites-nous tout à son sujet et envoyez-nous les présents vraiment chers.